To support mission guests by providing assessment, treatment planning, and case management.
This person will report to the Director of Access and Case Management.
All Water Street Mission Staff must be
- Willing to sign the Water Street Mission Statement of Faith
- A current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local church
- Able to fully support the Water Street Mission’s core values and ministry philosophy
- Above all, holds a love for Jesus and a recognition that ministry takes precedent over tasks.
- Minister to guests, reflecting God’s love for each individual, through a non-judgmental, grace-filled relationship
- Complete assessment and treatment plans for guests
- Work with life coaches and partners to support treatment plans
- Establish client goals and make appropriate referrals to community agencies for housing, employment, education, counseling, healthcare, childcare, parenting, etc.
- Represent WaterStreet at community meetings
- Maintain expertise in niche areas as assigned by Director
- Work with and coordinate community volunteers as needed
- Work collaboratively with all staff and in partnership with other departments, attending meetings as needed
- Facilitate treatment planning meetings forguests served
- Maintain accurate records
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education / Experience
A bachelor’s degree in social work and/or related field; Masters preferred. Minimum 10 years case management experience. Organizational skills, ability to communicate with high interpersonal relationship skills required. Microsoft Office software a must. Fluency in Spanish preferred.
Occasionally = 1% – 33%; Frequently = 34% – 66%; Continuously = 67% – 100%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position
- Stand, walk, or sit – continuously
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel – continuously
- Lift and/or move up to 35 pounds – occasionally
- Requires weekend and holiday rotation and on-call hours
Water Street Mission is a privately funded 501(c) 3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious and we are a Christ-centered ministry that is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and helping the homeless and impoverished. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and purpose statement. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. All employees must:
- Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in the ministry activities of Water Street Mission.
- Subscribe to the Water Street Mission Statement of Faith and Qualifications of Employment upon hire and continuously while employed.
- Adhere to the Water Street Mission Employee Handbook.