Job Summary: The Partner Services Assistant plays a critical role in helping the Advancement Team proactively build partnerships with the community by coordinating gift processing, overseeing the team of volunteers who process our mail, and communicating with donors and members of the local community.
All Water Street Mission staff must be:
1. Willing to sign the WSM Statement of Faith
2. A current and active member and/or regular attendees of local church
3. Able to fully support the WSM core values and ministry philosophy.
Supervised by: Advancement Operations Manager
1. Oversee mail processing, including managing schedule of volunteers involved in opening and batching mail
2. Coordinate and implement donation process to ensure all gifts are deposited and recorded in donor database in an accurate and timely manner. This includes check scanning and subsequent import process, manual data entry and processing online transactions.
3. Initiate and promptly respond to calls and emails from donors and/or the broader community as needed, interacting with these individuals in a gracious, caring way.
4. Develop and maintain working knowledge of donor management software (Virtuous) and project management software (Monday.com)
5. Execute and run queries on donor database as requested by team members
6. Verify accuracy of donor information, especially new and re-activated donors
7. Assist with administrative needs of Advancement Team
8. Work in partnership with others in Partner Services to cleanup and maintain quality of data in database, as time permits
9. Support internal fundraising events, as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
• Proven ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated desire to provide outstanding customer service
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong organizational and process management skills
• Desire to work collaboratively
• Proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to work independently and mange time effectively
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal Donor Services Assistant will possess:
• Motivation to see the lives of hurting men, women and children restored
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years of data entry or clerical experience
• Experience operating in fast-paced office environment
• Person of integrity who can present strong character and employment references
Occasionally = 1%-33%; Frequently = 34%-66%; Continuously = 67%-100%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
• Stand, walk, or sit – continuously
• Use of fine motor skills – continuously
• Reach with hands and arms – frequently
• Bend, squat, kneel, and reach – occasionally
• Lift and/or move up to 35 pounds – occasionally
• Weekend or evening availability – occasionally
Water Street Mission is a privately funded 501(c) 3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious and we are a Christ-centered ministry that is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and helping the homeless and impoverished. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and purpose statement. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. All employees must:
• Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in the ministry activities of Water Street Mission.
• Subscribe to the Water Street Mission Statement of Faith and Qualifications of Employment upon hire and continuously while employed.
• Adhere to the Water Street Mission Employee Handbook.