A Senior Life Coach will lead and partner with a team of Life Coaches and Life Coach Assistants in coaching guests through a personal progressive plan of renewal; collaborating with a team of Residential Ministries staff by actively participating in a healing environment and the Core Values of Water Street Mission.
All Water Street Mission Staff must be
- Willing to sign the Water Street Mission Statement of Faith
- A current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local church
- Able to fully support the Water Street Mission’s core values and ministry philosophy
Essential Clinic Duties
- Above all, holds a love for Jesus and a recognition that ministry takes precedent over tasks.
- Minister to Guests, reflecting God’s love for each individual through a non–judgmental, grace filled
- Work every fourth weekend.
- Work one evening a week (1:00–9:30 PM).
- Work holidays as assigned in the staff rotation.
- Be present in and manage Residential areas.
- Meet with assigned Residential guests on caseload for individual Life Coach Sessions.
- Prepare up–to–date status reports of guest engagement requirements for Action Plan reviews.
- Lead/facilitate guest groups (Life Coach Groups, community meetings, etc.).
- Cover as a Lead Life Coach when Life Coach Supervisors are not on campus.
- Lead crisis conversations/de–escalation of incidents on campus as needed.
- Sit in on a minimum of one Life Coach Session per month with Life Coach and Guest; provide feedback
and coaching to Life Coaches.
- Have follow–up conversations with guests (Action Plan engagement, chores, tasks, etc.).
- Assist in convening, facilitating, participating in, and reporting out from multidisciplinary/treatment
- Perform weekly room checks.
- Perform drug tests (breathalyzer, urinalysis) as directed.
- Facilitate moving and orienting new guests to Residential.
- Oversee room changes and outcycles.
- Work with Dorm Monitors to ensure rooms are prepped and welcoming for new guests.
- Work with LCs/LCAs to manage and stock supplies for all Residential areas.
- Meet with shelter guests for designated Life Coach Meetings, as needed.
- Attend all required meetings, such as weekly Life Coach Team meetings, multidisciplinary team meetings,
all–staff meetings, and off–site trainings as assigned.
- Answer Access Center cell phone on evenings/weekends when working.
- Maintain accurate guest information, including reporting and data management.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s preferred) in Human Services or related field. Minimum of 3–5 years’ work experience in the areas of mental health and/or addiction recovery. Competency in Microsoft Office products. Experience in Outlook and ability to work with a clinical database is essential. Bilingual English–Spanish preferred.
Life Coach Supervisor and/or Director of Residential Ministries
Occasionally = 1% – 3%; Frequently = 34% – 66%; Continuously = 67% – 100%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position
- Stand, walk, or sit – continuously
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel – continuously
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds – occasionally
- Weekend or evening availability – occasionally
Water Street Mission is a privately funded 501(c) 3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious and we are a Christ-centered ministry that is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and helping the homeless and impoverished. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and purpose statement. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. All employees must:
- Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in the ministry activities of Water Street Mission.
- Subscribe to the Water Street Mission Statement of Faith and Qualifications of Employment upon hire and continuously while employed.
- Adhere to the Water Street Mission Employee Handbook.