A Life Coach Assistant will support guests through a personal progressive plan of renewal by partnering with a team of Life Coach Supervisors (LCS), Senior Life Coaches (SLC), Life Coaches (LC), and other Residential Ministries staff by actively participating in a healing environment and the core values of Water Street Mission.
This position is scheduled for 3:00-11:30 PM and is eligible for shift differential and incentive bonus.
All Water Street Mission Staff must be
- Willing to sign the Water Street Mission Statement of Faith
- A current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local church
- Able to fully support the Water Street Mission’s core values and ministry philosophy
- Above all, holds a love for Jesus and a recognition that ministry takes precedent over tasks.
- Minister to guests, reflecting God’s love for each individual through a non-judgmental, grace-filled
- Work every other weekend.
- Work holidays as assigned in the staff rotation.
- Be present in and manage Providence Day/Night Shelter.
- Float to all areas as assigned by Life Coach Supervisor, Senior Life Coach, or Life Coach functioning as shift
- Assist with Dining Hall coverage during mealtimes.
- Assist guests with showers, laundry, storage, and check-in for Providence Day/Night Shelter.
- Assist guests in obtaining needed items (clothing, toiletries, etc.).
- Oversee and manage guest attendance during chapel.
- Communicate guest’s needs to Senior Life Coach or Life Coach Lead on shift.
- Assist in preparing rooms/beds for new guests in Providence Night Shelter, Family Emergency Shelter, and
all Residential areas.
- Assist with room/bed assignment changes and outcycles for all guests.
- Assist in managing and stocking supplies for all Shelter/Residential areas.
- Assist with daily maintenance and upkeep for all Shelter/Residential areas.
- Refer guests in crisis to Life Coach Supervisor, Senior Life Coach or Life Coach.
- Attend weekly Life Coach Team Meetings.
- Maintain accurate guest information, including reporting and data management.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
A minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience in the area of Human Services, specifically mental health, social services and/or addiction recovery. Competency in Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of Outlook and ability to work with a clinical database is essential. Bilingual English-Spanish preferred.
Occasionally = 1% – 3%; Frequently = 34% – 66%; Continuously = 67% – 100%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position
- Stand, walk, or sit – Continuously
- Use of fine motor skills – Continuously
- Bend, squat, kneel, and reach – Occasionally
- Lift and/or move up to 30 pounds – Occasionally
- Weekend and evening availability –Continuously
Water Street Mission is a privately funded 501(c) 3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious and we are a Christ-centered ministry that is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and helping the homeless and impoverished. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and purpose statement. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. All employees must:
- Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in the ministry activities of Water Street Mission.
- Subscribe to the Water Street Mission Statement of Faith and Qualifications of Employment upon hire and continuously while employed.
- Adhere to the Water Street Mission Employee Handbook.