Assist in food preparation, serving, and cleaning in an institutional setting to guests, volunteers and staff. This person will also interact with staff, guests and volunteers in cooperation with the food services team.
This person will report to the Food Services Manager.
All Water Street Mission Staff must be
- Willing to sign the Water Street Mission Statement of Faith
- A current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local church
- Able to fully support the Water Street Mission’s core values and ministry philosophy
- Assist in the preparation and serving of food items in accordance with menu specifications and established food safety practices as directed by supervisor
- Assist in ensuring that proper sanitation and food safety procedures are followed during clean up
- Operates and cleans various kitchen equipment.
- In the absence of Chef, maintains good order and discipline while on shift and reports any violations in accordance with Mission and department policy
- Works in harmony with all staff, guests and volunteers modeling Christ-like character and conduct
- Perform work on Food Services Dock
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
Food services experience in a restaurant or institutional setting, willing to manage staff, guests and volunteers, excels in a fast-paced work environment, enjoys menu planning and working in a team environment. High school diploma or GED preferred. Servsafe certification preferred. This position will work some weekends and holidays.
Occasionally = 1% – 3%; Frequently = 34% – 66%; Continuously = 67% – 100%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position
- Stand, walk, or sit – continuously
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel – continuously
- Stoop, kneel, crouch – occasionally
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds – occasionally
- Evening and weekend availability – occasionally
Employee is regularly exposed to hot, wet or humid conditions, works near moving mechanical parts, and works early morning or late evening shifts.
Water Street Mission is a privately funded 501(c) 3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious and we are a Christ-centered ministry that is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and helping the homeless and impoverished. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and purpose statement. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. All employees must:
- Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in the ministry activities of Water Street Mission.
- Subscribe to the Water Street Mission Statement of Faith and Qualifications of Employment upon hire and continuously while employed.
- Adhere to the Water Street Mission Employee Handbook.