A Life Coach will work directly with and support guests through a personal progressive plan of renewal; partnering with a team of Life Coach Supervisors (LCS), Senior Life Coaches (SLC), Life Coach Assistants (LCA), and other Residential Ministries staff by actively participating in a healing environment and the core values of Water Street Mission.
This position is scheduled for 3:00-11:30 PM and is eligible for shift differential and incentive bonus.
All Water Street Mission Staff must be
- Willing to sign the Water Street Mission Statement of Faith
- A current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local church
- Able to fully support the Water Street Mission’s core values and ministry philosophy
Essential Clinic Duties
- Above all, holds a love for Jesus and a recognition that ministry takes precedent over tasks.
- Minister to guests, reflecting God’s love for each individual, through a non-judgmental, grace-filled
- Participate in crisis conversations and de-escalation of situations on campus as needed.
- May be assigned as Life Coach Lead when SLC or LC Supervisor is not on campus.
- Work every other weekend.
- Work holiday as assigned in the staff rotation.
- Residential duties:
- Be present in and manage Residential areas as assigned.
- Meet with assigned guests for individual Life Coach Sessions.
- Assist Senior Life Coaches as directed.
- Prepare up-to-date status reports of guest engagement requirements for Action Plan reviews.
- Lead/facilitate or assist SLCs with guest groups (Life Coach Groups, community meetings, etc.).
- Perform weekly room checks.
- Supervise guest task assignments on campus.
- Perform drug tests (breathalyzer, urinalysis) as directed.
- Have follow-up conversations with guests (Action Plan engagement, chores, tasks, etc.).
- Facilitate moving and orienting new guests to Residential.
- Oversee room changes and outcycles.
- Work with Dorm Monitors to ensure rooms are prepped and welcoming for new guests.
- Work with LCAs to manage and stock supplies for all Residential areas.
- Shelter duties:
- Be present in and manage Providence Day/Night Shelter as assigned.
- Lead new guest orientations in Providence Day/Night Shelter.
- Lead Introduction to Residential groups in Providence Day/Night Shelter.
- Meet with shelter guests for designated Life Coach meetings.
- Assist with Dining Hall coverage during mealtimes.
- Work with LCAs to maintain guest storage area in Providence Night Shelter.
- Service in all areas:
- Keep all bulletin boards and notices/postings current and tidy.
- Maintain accurate guest information, including reporting and data management.
- Greet & give direction to WSM volunteers on shift.
- Attend all required meetings, such as weekly Life Coach Team meetings, multidisciplinary team meetings, all-staff meetings, and off-site trainings as assigned.
- Answer Access Center cell phone as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services and a minimum 3-5 years’ work experience in the areas of mental health, social services and/or addiction recovery. Competency in Microsoft Office products, including Outlook. Ability to work with a clinical database is essential. Bilingual English-Spanish preferred.
Evening Life Coach Supervisor
Occasionally = 1% – 3%; Frequently = 34% – 66%; Continuously = 67% – 100%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position
- Stand, walk, or sit – continuously
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel – continuously
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds – occasionally
- Weekend or evening availability – occasionally
Water Street Mission is a privately funded 501(c) 3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious and we are a Christ-centered ministry that is dedicated to sharing the Gospel and helping the homeless and impoverished. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and purpose statement. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. All employees must:
- Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in the ministry activities of Water Street Mission.
- Subscribe to the Water Street Mission Statement of Faith and Qualifications of Employment upon hire and continuously while employed.
- Adhere to the Water Street Mission Employee Handbook.